Home security camera apps are one of the most useful applications in recent times. As there are many applications out there, it's hard to pick the right one which suits your need and affordability. Also, as there are many free home security apps, the question naturally arises why you should get a paid home camera security subscription.
Suppose you're trying to find a security camera app for your home or office monitoring. And, you're wondering what attributes you should look for to choose the right application for you. So, let's find what you need to know about the best security apps out there. Moreover, if you want to find more adventure games or Apps, you can visit this link.
Best Security Camera Apps for Your Android Phone
1. TinyCAM Monitor
This app attracts more attention among all the other apps for many reasons. It has a very user-friendly interface, which is also beautifully designed. All the fantastic features of this android application keep it in the top position among the best security apps. A wide range of Android devices also supports it.
Besides supporting ONVIF, the camera can automatically set up and detect over 10,000 different camera models.
You have 17 different layouts to pick for a matrix or multi-camera view. Most of these layouts will auto-rotate as you rotate your device to landscape (horizontal) or portrait (vertical) mode.
TinyCam comes with both paid pro version. And an ad-supported free version with limited features. You should choose the pro app to use all the additional features at a minimal price of less than $5.
- Well, it has two way audio on selected models.
- Therefore, it will face detection and Motion detection.
- Video is recorded to storage like local storage, Amazon Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, ownCloud, time-lapse, FTP/FTPS.
- Background/DVR mode which features background recording and motion detection.
- And, an internal webserver to play live view and remote recordings playback.
- Moreover, it has the support and android wear app support.
- It can support the TV like Amazon Fire TV Android TV.
- It’s widgets like lock screen and home screen.
1. It has lots of features such as face detection,
2. Great value,
3. It has preset for a wide range of IP cameras,
4. Optional cloud platform,
5. It also supports in-camera motion detection.
1. It lacks advanced motion detection methods, such as line crossing.
2. IP Cam Viewer Pro.
This app is one of the good ones. But when it comes to functionality and features, it doesn’t fully come close to tinyCam.
Although there is no material design here, the developers have given a professional touch to design the user interface. The features of these apps provide an efficient service. Besides supporting ONVIF, the camera can detect and set up over 1726 different cameras. However, the automatic scanner can’t able to identify some recent IP cameras like Reolink C1 Pro IP camera.
IP Cam Viewer Pro comes with both paid pro version and an ad-supported free version with limited features.
- It supports 1600+ devices, including NVRs and DVRs.
- RTSP, ONVIF, MMSH compatible.
- MPEG4/H265/H264/MJPEG codec was compatible.
- Moreover, it can controls functions of PTZ cameras like Pan/Tilt/Zoom.
- Camera grouping, the auto sequence is possible.
- Automatic camera detection.
- Well, it has two-way audio and background audio compatibility for many devices.
- It can also detection In-app motion.
- Therefore, it can perform 24/7 recording of all camera.
- It has Google Cast (Chromecast) and Android Wear app support.
1. It has lots of features such as face detection,
2. Great value,
3. It has preset for a wide range of IP cameras,
4. Moreover, it also supports in-camera motion detection.
1. A poor User interface,
2. It doesn’t have efficient in-camera motion detection,
3. It lacks advanced motion detection methods.
It’s a good security camera app with sufficient equipment and cameras. Ivideon can send audio back via online. You can live streaming using the internet from any device and any location.
Also, you can connect to this home security app with your android phone with a camera with ease. It resides at the top when it comes to android application for home security. You can save data in cloud storage and recover whenever necessary.
- It has access to the high-quality video online (with sound) via any standard connected device.
- However, it can give secure and reliable data recording and storing video ability in cloud storage.
- It can alert you with email notification for suspicious movements or sounds.
- This Lvideon has quick search and view capability of recorded surveillance video.
- Ability to embed surveillance feeds on blogs or websites and also sharing option of camera links over social networks.
- You can search for video events linked to Access Control, POS and Home Automation systems.
1. You can watch live streams over the web and any devices,
2. You can also send audio signals back via online,
3. Storing data on cloud storage.
1. It has no Linux client,
2. It may shut down occasionally.
4. ONVIF IP Camera Monitor (Onvifer)
This app doesn’t come close to anywhere compared to the popularity of tinyCam and IP Cam Viewer Pro, but it’s a praiseworthy decent effort. The user interface is quite good. And this app has the basic features of a good security app. Although this app lacks advanced features, it does an efficient job.
ONVIF IP Camera Monitor (Onvifer) comes with both paid pro version and an ad-supported free version with limited features.
- Supports ONVIF, RTSP/MJPEG/H.264,
- And, can record MP4 clips,
- Moreover, it can automatically-discover any ONVIF devices instantly,
- It supports PTZ cameras,
- Android home screen will contain the snapshot preview widget,
- It is possible to view multiple cameras at the same moment.
1. It is easy-to-use and straightforward,
2. Great value,
3. It has preset for a wide range of IP cameras.
1. A primary User interface,
2. It has no motion detection support at all,
3. It lacks many key advanced features such as 2-way audio, video widgets, web server, API, Android Wear, Chromecast support.
Reolink app is viewed as one of the most reliable security camera applications for home security. It is compatible with its IP cameras with zero configurations, and you just have to plug and play. You can view live videos of your cameras anywhere and anytime with this free application. More than 2.5 million people have been using the app for home security in recent times. You can easily find it from its official website or Google Play.
- There are only three steps to access cameras and NVRS.
- It has a comfortable and user-friendly interface for all users.
- You can monitor and watch live streaming via the internet from anywhere and anytime.
- It can control PTZ cameras remotely.
- And, it can alert you with email notification when motion detection is triggered.
- You can schedule video recording, including motion-triggered record at any time.
1. Five megapixels or four megapixels super HD,
2. It has excellent night vision, up to 190 feet,
3. Setup is easy with zero configurations,
4. The attractive user interface,
5. Efficient motion-detection trigger alerts,
6. Active accessibility, including remote access and local access.
1. It only functions with its cameras and security systems.
This home security android camera is simple and easy to use. You don’t have to spend time in lengthy signups and logins in its user interface. It also has its stunning colour scheme that you are going to love.
This home security application can quickly turn your smartphones into useful security cameras. All you have to do is to deliver a simple command. So, if you still have your old smartphone, then you should install this application to turn your old smartphone into a handy camera.
- Night vision features let you reinforce security even when it’s dark,
- You can also interact with visitors close to your home,
- However, you can live steam 24/7 with high-quality live video from anywhere,
- And, you’ll have unlimited cloud storage,
- You’ll also other handy features like reminder, zoom, schedule, trust circle, and siren.
1. An excellent User interface,
2. Night vision,
3. It is easy and straightforward to use.
1. The app may shut down occasionally,
2. It takes a little bit longer to start on old devices than other similar apps.
What Would You Look for in an IP Camera App?
1. Automatic ONVIF compliant camera detection:
Some apps can automatically scan your network and detect supported IP cameras. Just type in the username and password. Thus you can avoid wasting and skip going through the hassle of writing port numbers and IP addresses. That is only suitable for ONVIF compliant cameras, by the way. It will work by the way only on ONVIF compliant cameras.
2. RTSP and P2P camera support:
RTSP, which is an abbreviation for Real-Time Streaming Protocol, is a network protocol for streaming the videos in real-time.
RTSP works as a rail track for transferring video data from point A (camera) to point B (output devices like VLC Player/RTSP viewers/RTSP Client or software).
With P2P IP cameras, you can easily enjoy the painless setup (one QR code) and easy remote viewing on your Mac, smartphone, or Windows devices. A P2P camera is an IP network-based camera. It uses peer to peer (P2P) network technology to simplify the link between IP security cameras and your smart devices or PC when you see camera feed locally and remotely.
P2P security cameras are identified with a unique ID number that is registered and integrated by the manufacturer, which is used to ping the P2P server via network P2P IP camera apps or software for Mac/Windows. An RTSP IP camera can stream live videos on RTSP compatible media players such as KM player, VLC media player, QuickTime.
3. Motion detection and 24/7 recording:
If some of your IP cameras do not feature motion detection or are not sufficient at it, you can have it by the viewer app to perform it instead. Some apps can detect their motion detection or implement the motion detection triggers apart from the camera itself. Some apps can also record 24/7 recording to a memory card or a network device like a NAS. Recording of a particular network device is recommended because the SD card will run out storage rapidly under continuous recording conditions.
4. Preset settings for popular IP cameras:
If your camera support ONVIF, you can view your camera in your camera viewer app. Even then, you may look for taking advantage of some additional features on your camera that don’t support ONVIF. For example, PTZ cameras are tilt, pan, and zoom robotic video cameras allowing an operator to control the camera remotely. PTZ cameras have some designed for their specific applications. Many cameras offer more unique features, including the ability to tilt, pan, and zoom to a particular location, providing a more natural workflow.
5. Switch camera stream:
For most smartphones and tablets, decoding multiple, 720p, 1080p, or higher flows is very resource rigorous. What usually happens is a frame drop or a blank screen. Hopefully, any good IP camera will feature both a high-quality resolution and a lower quality mobile-optimized resolution. You can switch between the high quality and low-quality resolution by a good viewer app.
The best apps always monitor your data usage when you are on a 2G/3G mobile network. They always minimize your data usage.
While there are plenty of free IP camera viewer apps, most of them are full of ads and other nonsense you don’t want on your computer. So you can invest in a camera app for better support, proper utilization of your time.
7. 2-way audio:
Two-way audio makes you transmit and receive sound through the IP camera. You need to check your IP Camera’s user manual to see if your camera gives two-way audio or support two-way audio.
If your camera deals with two-way audio support, you may have to attach an external microphone or speaker to use the two-way audio feature. You need to open the IP Camera GUI on a smart device or PC equipped with speakers to receive audio from the IP camera. You have to connect a microphone to a PC or a smart device and open the IP Camera GUI to transmit sound through an IP camera. An excellent app user interface will help you to make it easy.
8. Chromecast and Android Wear support:
If your IP camera or app support this fantastic feature, then you can turn your smart TV into a giant CCTV monitor.
9. API and Web server for remote control:
An API or HTTP web server which is run on the Android device enables such functionality.
10. Background audio and recording support:
If you use your IP cameras for baby monitor or DVR/NVR, the last thing you want is to keep your mobile phone screen on or the camera app active on-screen at all times. So the solution is audio background support – which keeps the app recording and sound from your cameras playing, even if you are going through other apps or also lock or switch off the phone screen.
You want a stable, reliable application that runs out day after day. Moreover, this is especially important if you rely on it for child surveillance, 24/7 recording, etc.
We hope this article is helpful and covers the necessary things before jumping to install a security camera app. We recommend you to go for the paid version as they always have more features and reliability.